Comic Book Review - How Did the Comic Book Get Its Start

So what would happen if actor Robin Williams had sex with a rhinoceros and fathered a half-breed child? That's the question posed by The Ultimate Unholy Halfbreed, and that's the question foremost on my mind when I received my review copy of the book.

I'd heard a lot about Unholy Halfbreed in the weeks prior. For those not in the know, this independent comic book caused quite a bit of controversy due to its over the top themes and depictions of graphic violence. Its main plotline involves the aforementioned act of bestiality and the resulting birth of Rhinoboy, a half-breed bastard child with a real Oedipal complex. He hates his father (Robin Williams) and wants to kill him for raping his mother.

The very premise is the product of a warped mind. But I usually love black humor like that, entertainment that doesn't pull any punches, so I was really looking forward to reading this.

My initial reaction was that of shock and disappointment. The "art" seemed remedial and amateurish. I persisted, though, because the story was so perversely compelling. I had to find out what demented plot twist Mraci was going to introduce next.

No comments:

Post a Comment