Interview With a Comic - Carol Leifer, Author Of 'When You Lie About Your Age, The Terrorists Win'

One of the comics that I admired for her sharp observational humor is Carol Leifer. Well, Carol just published a very funny book called, "When You Lie About Your Age, The Terrorists Win." She writes about embracing her life and her age and her writing is insightful and hilarious.


I just had the great fortune to interview Carol about her life and her new book.

ec. We both grew up on Long Island but we never had any play dates together. Another thing we have in common were fathers who were both naturally very funny. Were you influenced by your father's sense of humor or did you develop your own style?

CL. My father was a huge influence on me. He was an optometrist by trade (and how could he NOT go into that profession with a name like Seymour - SEE MORE? Get it?) but always dreamed of being a comedian. He was the king of the joke tellers and no one told a joke like he did. I was very fascinated by him as a young girl watching him hold court and tell jokes to friends around the neighborhood or at family gatherings. My father also had good taste in comedians. He would always call us kids down to the basement when a great comic was on The Ed Sullivan Show. So comedy was important to the family and I believe it's in your DNA when you grow up like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment